Field Service Technician
JOB TITLE: Field Service Technician
LOCATION: Sudbury, ON
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide expert and disciplined analysis of structural, or mechanical, electrical or hydraulic systems
- Teardown, re-assemble, commission/ test and trouble-shoot MEMCO equipment at customer sites or MEMCO facility, as required
- Execute timely planned work tasks as directed by immediate Supervisor
- Assist the Product Support Manager with the preparation of technical reports, presentations, and repair cost estimates, audits of Customer equipment, etc.
- Develop professional working relationships with key Customer personnel, and communicate any customer organizational or policy change to Service Manager
- Identify potential business (i.e. sales) opportunities, and communicate to the appropriate team (i.e. Sales, Engineering)
- Certificate of Qualification as a Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic (HDM) preferred but not necessary as training can be provided for the right candidate. HDEM, Truck and Coach, Aircraft, Millwright, and Automotive Journeyman will also be considered.
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience as Journey Person, preferably on heavy mobile equipment
- Proficiency reading and interpreting mechanical blueprints, hydraulic assembly drawings and electrical wiring
- Harness and control system schematics
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to be flexible and open to new methods, processes and technologies
- Ability to work independently or within a team under minimal supervision
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Conflict management and problem solving skills
- Effectively communicate at a multi-disciplinary level with Engineering, Purchasing and Marketing staff
- Proven leadership skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract
- Willing to work overtime, off-shift and weekends (i.e. respond to after-hour customer calls) if and when required
- Willing and able to travel domestically and/or internationally for extended durations if required (valid passport will eventually be required)
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.