Product Analyst – Utility Vehicles
POSITION TITLE: Product Analyst – Utility Vehicles
MacLean Engineering is looking for a Product Analyst to join our Utility Vehicles team. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team, focused on designing and manufacturing heavy duty mobile mining vehicles for our customers world-wide.
About the Position:
As a Product Analyst, you will be participating in the inbound and outbound marketing activities of MacLean’s utility vehicle products. The Product Analyst will be an expert on the specific products and applications with the Utility Vehicle Product Group. You will craft the messaging and positioning for products, assist and support sales projects from pre-sales activities to post delivery activities and occasionally be asked to provide same duties to other product groups.
Specific tasks for the Product Analyst position include but may not be limited to:
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market.
- Participate in Product Management team to develop and implement plans and actions in accordance with corporate initiatives.
- Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process.
- Provide product demonstrations to potential customers.
- Attend industry trade shows and conferences.
- Communicate and liaise with development team members to manage development plans.
- Develop highly tailored content for sales proposals & develop sales training material for sales personnel.
- Gather customer feedback and performance data to ensure that product performance and specifications meet customer requirements.
- Analyze new application opportunities to develop new features and/or special options and assist with planning and launching of new products.
- Develop spare parts recommendations for customer use.
- Participate actively in complex, multi-year mining equipment sales.
- Travel, both domestic and internationally, is a requirement of this position. Visit key customers in conjunction with the sales team to provide in-depth product knowledge.
- Stay current on industry developments, competitive offerings and issues affecting sales and customers.
- Take responsibility for personal development and enhancement of skills
About You: The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude. Ideally you will have had experience working within a similar metal fabrication, heavy equipment assembly environment, and you possess the majority or all of the following qualifications:
Those qualified for this position should be capable of demonstrating the following qualifications:
- Mechanical or Mining Engineering diploma or degree from a recognized post secondary institution
- Prior exposure to industry is an asset
- Aptitude to learn the technology and underground mining equipment / environment
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency with MS Office
- Understanding of engineering drawing practices.
- Ability to produce work in AutoCad and/or solidworks software beneficial.
- High level of professionalism, honesty and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, need to be able to positively represent MacLean when talking to customers
- Excellent listening skills
- Bilingualism is an asset (French and/or Spanish are desirable)
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Competitive annual vacation package
- Flexible Group benefits Package
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Bonus Plan
The MacLean Way
Equipping the mining world with innovative mobile equipment solutions is what we do at MacLean, but more importantly is the why. We aspire to be best-in-class leaders in the design, manufacturing, and support of engineered solutions that make mining safer, greener, and more productive.
This brand promise is inextricably linked to our people.
We are a global, family-owned company where we treat each other, our customers, and our host communities as if they were family. This is our competitive differentiator across the board when it comes to employee development, customer relationships, and business results.
Our production facilities and branch footprint on four continents and market reach into six continents is in keeping with the scope of our ambition to develop paradigm-changing, tech-enabled mining vehicles the world over. This transformative vision requires a wide range of talent working together across the company’s manufacturing, engineering, product management, marketing, sales, aftermarket support, finance, and human resource functions.
We are building a diverse, top-performing employee base by hiring entrepreneurial, creative, hardworking, ethical, and safety focused candidates who want to make a lasting difference and build a career doing it.
If this sounds like you, dive in and join the MacLean innovation wave!
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.