POSITION TITLE: Operator Trainer
LOCATION: Val d’Or, QC
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive compensation, benefits, bonus, and retirement savings. We also support apprenticeship training, continuous learning and professional development.
We are actively recruiting for Operator Trainers for our branches in Val d’Or, QC.
Operator Trainers are responsible for providing field input to the documentation department for the development and implementation of MacLean product, operator training materials and standards. Position duties also include the delivering of classroom and hands-on training, typically in a small group setting. The training provided also includes the testing of operators.
Operator Trainers are expected to:
- Provide course material and product design feedback based on input from our end users.
- Maintain training records for all operational training carried out by MacLean Engineering.
- Develop machine operational and performance audits and refresher training programs to ensure optimal efficiency and effectiveness for customer requirements.
- Provide design input from a field/operator/service viewpoint when requested.
- Post-secondary education – College diploma related to design or manufacture of mobile equipment or inter-provincial HDEM license is an asset.
- 5 or more years experience in operation or maintenance and service of heavy mobile mining equipment with direct customer interaction.
- Direct operating experience on a mechanized bolters and/or shotcrete spraying equipment is required
- Experience in underground mining environment.
- Strong operational experience in mechanized bolting is preferred.
- Experience and provincial certifications in the use of shotcrete mixers and sprayers, secondary breaking/box hole conditioners, anfo/emulsion loaders, and other utility type mining vehicles would also be beneficial.
- Demonstrated successful experience defining customer requirements.
- Able to demonstrate working competence reading and interpreting mechanical blueprints, hydraulic assembly drawings, and electrical wiring harness and control system schematics.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively within company and customer policies and procedures.
- Be fully competent in the use of MS Office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Willing and able to travel domestically with occasional international trips to perform training at customer sites and to help develop local trainers at our international branches.
- Possess a valid passport.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, for presentations and reports.
- Bilingualism (French, Spanish, English) is an asset.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.