POSITION TITLE: Mechanic / Mechanical Assembler
LOCATION: Collingwood, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for skilled and experienced Mechanic/Mechanical Assemblers to join our growing production team in Collingwood, Ontario. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position: The Mechanic/Mechanical Assembler is responsible for assembling a wide variety of mechanical components to engineering specifications. This includes checking, testing, and inspecting subassemblies and finished products to ensure proper quality and product specifications in compliance with all MEMCO policies and procedures. This position requires the following proficiencies:
• Read and interpret Engineering drawings/schematics to build and install various mechanical and hydraulic assemblies, circuits and systems.
• Assemble, fit, and install prefabricated and purchased parts to form subassemblies or finished products per mechanical assembly drawings, or as directed by Assembly Supervisor.
• Assemble hydraulic systems (including hose routing) and manufacture hose/fittings per schematic drawings/specifications, or as directed by Assembly Supervisor.
• Use of various pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical tools in compliance with applicable safety standards and best practices.
• Operate material handling devices such as; overhead crane and gantry crane in compliance with applicable safety standards and best practices. Material handling includes safe rigging and transportation of various loads.
• Ensure quality and functionality of various assemblies & finished products.
• Perform minor adjustments and repairs to assemblies and finished product as specified.
• Work with Manufacturing Engineering as required to communicate details of non-conformances found during the shift, and to help formulate corrective action taken.
• Adopt and practice good housekeeping & 5S principles.
• Ability to quickly grasp Mechanical and Hydraulic assembly concepts.
• Abide by all applicable regulatory & company-specific safety standards.
• Abide by ISO 9001 Quality Management System and associated procedures.
• Contribute to continual improvement for safety, quality, product, production, and work environment.
• Willing to cross-train in other departments as needed on a temporary basis.
About You: The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
• Two (2) + years’ experience specific to the above responsibilities
• Previous computer experience is an asset
• Diploma or degree in a related discipline is preferred
About Us: MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity, and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
• 3 weeks’ vacation annually
• Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
• $1.50 per hour shift premium for afternoon shift employees
• Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
• Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
• Annual Employee Bonus
• $200 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
• Company Paid Uniforms
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
Positions are for the following shift:
– Day Shift, Monday through Thursday 5:50 a.m. – 3:50 p.m. (4×10 hour shifts)
– Afternoon Shift, Monday through Thursday 4:20 p.m. – 2:20 a.m. (4×10 hour shifts)
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.