Human Resources Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Coordinator
LOCATION: Collingwood, Ontario
MacLean Engineering is looking for skilled and experienced Human Resources Coordinator to join our team. This is a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic team. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position: The Human Resources Coordinator is an enthusiastic and service oriented individual responsible for supporting the Human Resources department with: people and culture, all aspects of administrative tasks, as well as participation in the recruiting and new hire processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Manage and organize the administrative activities of the Human Resources department including but not limited to:
- Employee file maintenance (Electronic & hard copy).
- New hire set-up in applicant tracking system (ATS) and create and send out new hire email.
- Provide employment verification letters and correspondence with the appropriate parties.
- Prepare and distribute HR related communications/documents for all MEMCO sites including updating our Intranet.
- Provide support researching and investigating ESA and MOL standards to update or create new policies.
- Coordinate, schedule and facilitate HR orientation, internal and external training programs as well as ensure all necessary documentation is maintained and filed as required.
- Coordinate job fairs for in-house recruitment and attend off-site fairs hosted by schools or community partners as approved by the management team.
- Responsible for all administrative tasks associated with the planning and execution of employee events and meetings; including food and beverage needs, and any other items to ensure the event or meeting runs efficiently.
- Act as an ambassador and attend all employee events.
- Prepare and provide various reports and other statistics as required and requested by Management (i.e. absenteeism, turnover, recruitment).
- Provide support and guidance to Supervisors/Managers on where to locate HR policies, procedures and forms.
- Provide timely responses to employee enquiries as well as responding to day to day internal and external customer inquiries/requests and resolving routine issues.
- Assist the Payroll department with administration of group benefits plan when required (i.e. providing employees with necessary documents to add/delete dependents, change beneficiaries, claim submissions, etc.).
- Conduct and coordinate exit interviews for departing employees.
- Participate in Joint Health & Safety Committee meetings when applicable.
- Provide input and suggestions on continuous improvement for the Human Resources department including but not limited to policies, procedures and processes.
- Participate and provide support with special HR projects.
Participate in and support the recruitment and new hire process:
- Meet with Hiring Manager to discuss their recruiting needs and the recruiting process.
- Prepare job postings from the current/up-to-date job description.
- Post job postings on internal and external sites, and company bulletin boards.
- Create/edit recruitment advertisements for papers, and flyers.
- Review resumes and send qualified ones to the hiring manager for their review.
- Conduct telephone pre-screens with qualified applicants.
- Coordinate, schedule, and facilitate interviews for select departments (mainly production/skilled labour).
- Conduct reference checks.
- Prepare job offers and new hire packages.
- Conduct HR orientation checklist and take new hire pictures to create an employee number and ID badge.
About You: The successful candidate must be willing to learn, able to work independently and as part of a team, organized, detail oriented, high regard for confidentiality, and must have a positive attitude and ability to build and maintain good working relationships, along with the following qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management or Business Administration Human Resources
- CHRP Designation or working towards is an asset
- Minimum 1 – 2 years Human Resources experience in an administrative or recruiting role preferably with previous experience recruiting skilled labour
- Knowledge of relevant Employment legislation
- Strong computer skills working with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and the Internet, as well as HRIS and ATS experience.
About Us: MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks’ vacation annually
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.