Health & Safety Coordinator
Title: Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) Coordinator
Location: Sudbury, ON
Working closely with production, the coordinator will assist the HS team with the development, implementation and promotion of strategies, procedures and systems across the company leading teams above and beyond compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Health and Safety:
- Coordinate/Assess effectiveness of orientation and training activities: online, third-party, webinars, internal. Track through matrix, file records, audit job specific training completion
- Lead/Audit action plans (e.g. WSIB Safety Groups Audit); Evaluate program elements (emergency response, machine-guarding, WHMIS, orientation etc.) through observation, interviews, surveys, and documentation review.
- Update/Prepare/Assist supervisors with gaps from HS Statistics (leading and lagging indicators)
- Review incident investigations and associated trends; Assist supervisors w/root causes, corrective actions, and follow up
- Draft/Submit workers’ compensation reports, assist with return-to-work process (modified duties documentation, meet with employees, follow up on cases)
- Hold/Prepare materials for monthly Supervisor/HS meetings
- Develop/Create action plans for Job Hazard Analysis including coordinating Focus Groups to control high-risk hazards
- Provide support to Joint Health, Safety Committee and assist with administrative tasks
- Regularly tour production floor to establish HS presence, conduct spot-audits, provide support
- Create content for and update communication boards and develop Safety Talks library
- Stay current with legislation changes and ensure organization complies with/implements standards, technical documents, policies and procedures
- Make recommendations on personal protective equipment and oversee approved safety supplies list
- Organize air/noise assessments as required
- Perform ergonomic assessments and recommend suitable tools/ equipment
- Encourage site-consistency in equipment use and processes
- Draft, update, evaluate HS standards, procedures, forms
- Travel between sites as required
- Attend training, conferences and symposiums as required
The successful candidate must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- Health, Safety, Environment, Quality related certificate, diploma, degree, or equivalent
- One or more years working in a similar role is an asset
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Detailed-oriented and highly organized is a must
- Team-oriented, positive attitude, high aptitude, humble and willingness to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated; able to schedule priorities as assigned and working with minimal direct supervision
- Well-developed analytical and critical thinking skills
- Creative and innovative with focus on problem solving
- Bilingualism is an asset (English/French)
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.