Position: Electronics Engineer
Location: Sudbury, ON
Reporting to the AVT Product Engineering Manager-Remote Control Systems, the Electronics Designer is responsible for assisting in the design of new fully functioning Line of Sight, Teleremote and TeleOp remote control systems for underground mining that meets Maclean Engineering’s development goals as well as coordinating with the development team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, implement and test electronic systems in collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams to used in a variety AVT-Remote Control products
- Integrate new and existing RRC products into new and existing machinery
- Maintain and modify existing applications as required
- Provide support to AVT Production teams as required
Qualifications & Experiences
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience: electronics design and PCB layout. Capable of independent operation in a lead design role.
- Expert proficiency in professional Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools: Eagle, ORCAD and/ or Altium Designer strongly preferred.
- Degree in Electronics, Mechatronics or Robotics Engineering is required
- Master’s degree would be considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years industry experience as a Electronics Designer would be considered an asset
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment would be considered an asset
Core General Competencies
- Strong technical skills
- Communications skills both technically and non-technically (verbally and in writing)
- Experience in software product development
- Ability to work in a collaborative software development environment
- Ability to document the processes
- Multitasking and shifting priorities
- Decision making skills and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
Preferred Knowledge/Experience in one or more of:
- Power electronics;
- RF (Radio Frequency) electronics;
- Camera (imaging) electronics;
- Operation of test equipment, including (but not limited) to: oscilloscopes, multimeters, spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers, power supplies, electronic loads.
- Proficiency in Design for Manufacture (DFM), Electrical Safety, Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) including Electrostatic Discharge (ESD), Signal Integrity (SI), and Power Integrity (PI).
- Demonstrated mastery of embedded digital and analog electronic system design and PCB layout best practices.
- Excellent teamwork/interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, both within and outside one’s own work group.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio.
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.