Customer Service and Materials Coordinator
Position: Customer Service and Materials Coordinator
Location: Thompson, MB
The Customer Service and Materials Coordinator acts as first contact with, and liaison between, MacLean Engineering and the Customers (internal and external) in all matters related to Aftermarket Sales, Field Services, Technical Services, Training, and general inquiry. This role also provides material support to Manufacturing, Aftermarket Sales and MacLean Engineering warehouse facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In a friendly but professional manner, represent MacLean Engineering as the first point of contact with our Customers (internal and external) and ensure timely and satisfactory responses to requests for product, service or technical support and/or requests for quotation
- Provide product and service assistance to our customers, with an emphasis placed upon up-sell of additional and/or premium products and services
- Assist with quotations, sales orders and respond to backlog requests
- Review and communicate customer complaints or constraints on specific requests
- Complete expediting reports and backlog reports for the customer and our Aftermarket Sales Team
- Provide weekly reporting (volume, backlog, stagnant orders)
- Participate in daily Customer Support Team accident prevention, profit improvement, waste reduction, zero defect, 5S and 8D problem solving activities
- Ship and receive purchased and manufactured parts, ensuring all are properly identified
- Issue required purchased and manufactured parts to work orders or sales orders for manufacturing or shipping as applicable
- Packing, packaging and labeling containers or parts to properly identify their destination and ensure their protection during shipment
- Monitor parts and assemblies to ensure efficient flow of parts for work orders and sales orders through our production processes, in/out of in process storage, to and from stock or to shipping as applicable
- Ensure all parts processed by our manufacturing process are properly identified by part number and work order number
- Ensure recorded data, required to verify that parts or components conform to the specified requirements is filed and maintained, as required or delivered to receiving with the parts or components, as applicable
- Ensure warehouse is organized and kept in a clean safe manner at all times
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum High School Diploma or Certificate of Completion
- Three (3)+ years’ experience in related Customer Service role
- Bilingualism is an asset (English/French)
- Able to effectively interact, communicate, and negotiate with people of diverse personality and professional stature, including those with difficult and/or demanding character
- Able to plan, prioritize and manage multiple assignments and tasks simultaneously
- Able to tolerate ambiguity and stress
- Open to new methods, processes and technologies, and an initiator of improvement
- Customer oriented and always demonstrate personal integrity.
- Possess extensive experience working with Microsoft Office products and MAX MRP (or similar MRP system) as well as being able to interpret, file and maintain handwritten and computer-generated records
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.