Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
Position Title: Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Reports To: Team Leader, Rebuild Shop
Location: Sudbury, ON
MacLean Engineering is looking for skilled and experienced Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic to join our growing Engineering team in Sudbury Ontario. This is a great opportunity to be part of a small growing team. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teardown, re-assemble, commission/ test, and trouble-shoot MEMCO equipment at MEMCO facility, as required.
- Assemble, install, and test various hydraulic, electrical and mechanical assemblies in manufacture and development of mobile mining equipment.
- Provide expert and disciplined analysis of structural, or mechanical, electrical or hydraulic systems.
- Assist the Product Support Manager with the preparation of technical reports, presentations, and repair cost estimates, audits of Customer equipment, etc.
- Execute timely planned work tasks as directed by immediate Supervisor
- Demonstratee Safety by complying with all company and government safety rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Use and maintain personal protective equipment, i.e. safety glasses, safety boots, ear plugs, etc., as required.
- Develop and maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Must be a team player able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Certificate of Qualification as a Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic (HDM)
- Minimum 3 years experience as a HDEM or related field
- Ability to work independently or within a team with minimal supervision
- Possess strong interaction and communication skills
- Able to plan and prioritize tasks to ensure timely completion
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical blueprints, hydraulic assembly drawings, electrical wiring harness and control system schematics.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s licence and satisfactory driver’s abstract
- Willing to work overtime, off-shift and weekends (i.e. respond to after-hour customer calls) if and when required.
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.