Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
MacLean Engineering is looking for skilled and experienced Intermediate Instructional Designer to join our team in Collingwood, Ontario This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team working cross functionally throughout the organization. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position: The Intermediate Instructional Designer’s primarily role is to design and develop integrated, comprehensive MacLean training solutions across a range of delivery channels (Instructor Led, e-Learning, or Self-Directed). This will involve evaluating learning and program effectiveness through research and analysis and recommending process changes/improvements as required. The Instructional Designer will work with Subject Matter Experts from key functional areas, stakeholders, and Technical Publications management to ensure that deliverables meet all defined standards of quality and effectiveness, while providing continuity of content structure and style across the MacLean ‘Training Toolbox’. This position requires the following proficiencies:
- Write succinct, accurate instructional content, student reference guides, and related classroom training materials based on provided resources.
- Design effective assessment activities and final test questions.
- Perform quality assurance on all developed products.
- Work on multiple eLearning projects simultaneously at various stages of development.
- Escalate project issues in a timely manner to the appropriate internal stakeholders
- Work with the department manager to develop and maintain meaningful departmental metrics, schedules and workflows
- Champion training and technical publications process improvement initiatives.
- Mentor team members in all areas of instructional design, writing standards, content reusability, and course maintenance.
- Work with management to select and maintain software tools used to create world-class training materials.
- Be responsible for project management while leading training activities with internal stakeholders
- Consult with internal clients, subject matter experts, and other stakeholders to understand learning needs and define success measures.
- Maintain existing training courses and materials.
- Support the launch of project implementations including tasks not found in a traditional Instructional Designer role (product photography, videography, event coordination, etc.).
- Facilitate and lead operator and mechanical training and Train-the-Trainer sessions for various MacLean mining vehicles.
About You: The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with the following qualifications:
- College diploma or University degree preferably with Adult Learning & Education or psychology preferred.
- Experience with heavy manufacturing within a mining environment would be an asset.
- Project Management experience would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with senior management is required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience designing and managing the development of web-based, classroom, or virtual learning-based training.
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems is required.
- Knowledge and application of adult learning theory, training needs analysis, instructional design, information design, training methodologies, learning technologies and measurement strategies.
- Course Development software experience (e.g. Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, Photoshop, and PowerPoint).
- Must have strong project management skills and ability to meet project quality expectations within schedule commitments.
- Experience in technical writing, and or training facilitation considered an asset.
- Current knowledge of emerging and progressive content design techniques and strategies is a definite asset.
- Desire to work with heavy machinery in the mining sports industry is a must while experience in either is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel regionally, nationally and internationally is required.
About Us: MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company’s founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality-oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co Limited. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.