Careers at MacLean Engineering
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited is a Canadian manufacturer of heavy equipment. We are currently seeking a candidate for the following position to join our team.
MacLean Engineering is looking for skilled Electrical Assemblers, to join our growing production team within our Collingwood Ontario manufacturing facility. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team, manufacturing heavy mobile mining equipment for our Customers world-wide. If you are looking to be challenged, valued, and rewarded with a competitive compensation package in a dynamic work environment, this position is for you!
About the Position: These positions involve building, installing, testing and debugging a wide variety of electrical devices and control systems, and could require proficiency with any of the following competencies:
- Competently interpret detailed electrical circuit schematics and wiring diagrams
- Cut wire and multi-conductor cable to exact dimensions, and affix identification markers, and wire termination devices such as crimp connectors, solder lugs, multi-pin connectors, and coaxial connectors as per drawing specification
- Layout, drill, punch, and label a multitude of junction boxes and control panels.
- Install pilot lights, push buttons, selector switches and Operator interface devices, DIN rail, relays and other modules within the junction boxes and control panels
- Methodically and meticulously route wires, and interconnect electrical components and devices as per schematic, following strict methods and procedures.
- Install junction boxes and control panels.
- Route multi-conductor cables through vehicle chassis and terminate at terminal strips.
- Install peripheral devices, such as batteries, vehicle lighting systems, engine control, AC panels, compressors, motors, camera systems, CANBUS
- Troubleshoot control system and peripheral device malfunctions, reworking and repairing found deficiencies as required.
- Conduct final test procedures on finished product, documenting results for review by our Engineering team
- Safely rig and operate cranes and other material handling equipment
- Perform daily operator maintenance checks on equipment and report any concerns to maintenance for correction.
- Identify & document improvement opportunities using established processes.
- Implement and maintain 5S housekeeping principles at all times.
- Cross-train in other departments as available.
- All tools and equipment are company supplied, including PPE and subsidy for boots.
About You: The successful candidate(s) must be willing to learn, open-minded and flexible, organized and detail oriented, team oriented, disciplined, and must have a positive attitude, along with any one of the following qualifications:
- Ideally you are a licensed 442A or 309 Electrician Journeyperson, or an Electrical / Electronic Technician or Technologist, with 3+ years of related heavy equipment manufacturing experience, building, installing, testing and debugging control systems and peripheral electrical devices, or
- You could be an Electrical apprentice, or recent community college graduate with an electrical or electronic diploma
MacLean Engineering has been a leading innovator of underground mining equipment solutions for over 40 years. As we continue to expand our product range and geographic footprint, we remain privately owned and consistently focused on the Company founder’s original engineered design imperatives – safety, productivity and enduring quality. MacLean Engineering has three manufacturing facilities located in Collingwood, Owen Sound, and our newest facility in Barrie. Our workforce is comprised of various skilled trades working together in a safety and quality oriented environment to produce components and equipment to the underground mining industry, as well as the municipal, environmental, and industrial sectors.
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- 3 weeks' vacation annually
- $1.50 per hour shift premium for afternoon and weekend shift employees
- Paid Overtime after 40 hours worked
- Flexible Group benefits Package (Once probationary period is completed)
- Voluntary DPSP (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) and GRRSP (Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan) (Once probationary period is completed)
- Annual Employee Bonus
- $150 Annual Safety Shoe allowance
- Company Paid Uniforms
If you are interested in being a part of an established and growing Canadian Company, we want to hear from you!
MacLean Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005).
MacLean Engineering will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If applying via e-mail, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.