Rugged and reliable, the BH-3 is designed to eliminate ore flow blockages and release trapped reserves in draw points and beyond draw point brows without endangering mine workers. Integrated Radio-Remote Control (RRC) allows tramming, drilling and blasting operations to be conducted from safe distances.
The MacLean Advantage:
- Oversize is fragmented at source, minimizing draw point damage and ore flow
- Productivity improvements by elimination of non-productive boulder re-handling
- Boom configuration enables multiple boulders to be drilled from one set up
- With RRC system, can drill and charge hang ups and operator never exposed to the risks of rock fall
- Provides auxiliary drilling capability for service holes and rock bolting
- Fully self-contained drilling system; no air or water services necessary
- Optional radio and video system designed for underground environment
- Hydraulic rock drilling
- Heavy duty frame construction
- Four wheel drive carrier
- Reliable, proven power train components
- High powered electronically controlled Caterpillar™ engine option
- Any underground mine where bulk mining activities generate boulders too large to move, carry, drop through grizzlies or dump into crushers.
- Most effective where multiple draw points allow ore extraction to continue while block hole operations are conducted.